Wednesday, October 1, 2014

I'll Keep You Warm Tonight

To listen to I'll Keep You Warm Tonight, click here














Light a candle put it over there
You can leave your clothes upon the chair
Kiss my lips as I caress your hair
I’ll keep you warm tonight
I’ll keep you warm tonight

After all these years it still feels new
I know we never said that we’d be true
Sometimes old friends can be lovers too
I’ll keep you warm tonight

The touch of fingers on the touch of flesh
Your mouth on my mouth so softly pressed
Come lay your head upon my breast
I’ll keep you warm tonight

In seven years you haven’t really changed that much
You know that I’d almost forgot your touch
I never even thought of you that much
I’ll keep you warm tonight




Where "One More Night" was all about that C minor chord at the end of each verse, this was a simple experiment in Maj7 chords, written when I was too young to know better. Years afterwards I discovered Leonard Cohen’s "Chelsea Hotel", and momentarily considered suing him for telepathically stealing my penultimate line .









If you would like to include "I'll Keep You Warm Tonight" in your repertoire, either for paid public performance or to record for commercial purposes, or if you would like to re-use the recordings attached to this blog-page for commercial purposes, contact argaman@theargamanpress.com. 
Use of this song, and/or these recordings, for non-commercial purposes, is not simply permitted but invited.

Words and music by David Prashker

Copyright © 2014 David Prashker
All rights reserved

The Argaman Press


No comments:

Post a Comment