Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Incompatible

To listen to Incompatible, click here

Minerva, goddess of wisdom



You offer me whisky, I much prefer gin
You drive a Mercedes, I use the train
Your clothes are Gucci, mine are Target
Your words are poetry, mine just cliché

We’re just incompatible, what can I say
Mismatched and unsuited, but in love anyway

Your fingers are ringed with gold, mine are just callused
Your soul is generous, mine is plain jealous
Your watch is from Zurich, mine from Canal Street
You know the President, I can’t compete

You were the princess, I was the pauper
You had so much to give, I had nothing to offer
You always won first prize, with power and grace
Me I’m the man who lost the one-horse race

Your coke was powder, mine came in cans
You were mad about opera, I liked jazz bands
You liked to make love at night, I preferred mornings
These things should have cautioned us, should have been warnings

There were others who asked you, many who’d have smiled
At walking beside you the length of the aisle
I don’t know why you chose me, I don’t mean to gloat
You should have gone with the man in the long black coat

Those were the reasons, a lifetime ago
Those were the factors, you should have said no
Don’t tell the grandkids, they’ll never accept
We made it through fifty years, nobody left

We’re still incompatible, what can I say
Mismatched and unsuited, but in love anyway




You can find David Prashker at:







If you would like to include "Incompatible" in your repertoire, either for paid public performance or to record for commercial purposes, or if you would like to re-use the recordings attached to this blog-page for commercial purposes, contact argaman@theargamanpress.com. 
Use of this song, and/or these recordings, for non-commercial purposes, is not simply permitted but invited.



Words and music by David Prashker

Copyright © 2014 David Prashker


All rights reserved

The Argaman Press

No comments:

Post a Comment