Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Rock Me In The Cradle Of Your Love

To listen to Rock Me In The Cradle Of Your Love, click here
















Far from the roof I saw a lady washing
Such beauty I had never seen before
I said "I don't want to own you
Just to have you and to hold you
And to rock you in the cradle of my love

Her flesh was made of light, her dress was silver
The water seemed to part for her to come
Like her hands my eyes were rinsed
In those pools where love begins
Oh lady rock me in the cradle of your love

By the morning she had vanished like a phantom
Not a wrinkle on the sheet no not a glove
But lady I’m not moaning
I’m just grateful for that moment
When you rocked me in the cradle of your love

Still I sent my spies to seek you and to find you
I sent the raven first and then the dove
But since then I've not seen them
Not an olive branch between them
Ah, let me rock you...





You can find David Prashker at:





If you would like to include "Rock Me In The Cradle Of Your Love" in your repertoire, either for paid public performance or to record for commercial purposes, or if you would like to re-use the recording attached to this blog-page for commercial purposes, contact argaman@theargamanpress.com. 

Use of this song, and/or this recording, for non-commercial purposes, is not simply permitted but invited.



Words and music by David Prashker
Copyright © 2014 David Prashker
All rights reserved
The Argaman Press

No comments:

Post a Comment